Joinery CAD Technician
Manufacturing By Design is a leading British manufacturer of individually designed, beautifully hand-crafted, bespoke furniture and architectural joinery. Now in its 31st year, the company has earnt an enviable reputation for undertaking only the most specialist and high end of projects both in the UK and abroad.
Role and responsibilities:
We are currently seeking a joinery CAD technician to join our design office on a full-time, permanent basis. As part of this role, you will be primarily responsible for the development and generation of detailed working drawings for client approval and subsequent manufacture (including CNC-manufacture). Working closely with clients, designers, sub-contractors and our production and project management teams, you will translate initial design briefs into high-quality, manufacturable design solutions.
- AutoCAD and/or Solidworks/Inventor proficiency a must. Training could be provided for the right applicant
- Knowledge of furniture and joinery manufacturing processes
- CNC router experience would be advantageous
- A positive attitude, strong work ethic and an eagerness to learn and develop
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to time manage and prioritise tasks within a fast-paced environment
The role will be largely office-based at our Berkhamsted manufacturing facility, but the successful candidate must be willing to occasionally travel for site surveys and client meetings when required (predominately London-based).
Competitive salary dependant on skill-set and experience.
Please email current CV and a covering letter to email@example.com